Well, you hopefully called around and talked to many officiants and have honored me by allowing me to work with you and perform your beautiful wedding ceremony. Thank you! Here's how it all comes together.
1. Initial call to discuss date, time and place. A copy of my contract along with wedding ceremonies sample will be emailed to you to read over, sign & date. Any specifics regarding ceremony will be filled by you. Mail it back to me along with a deposit check for half the total to hold the date.
NOTE: Some people prefer to speak live with me in person or thru video chat. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do so we can arrange a time.
2. Signed Contract and (1/2 of total) Deposit Check is received and a confirmed thru email. A signed copy of contract by me will be sent to you thru email for your records.
3. If you are working with wedding planners please give them my contact info and they may contact me at any time with concerns or directions regarding the wedding day.
4. After you have read over the wedding ceremonies you tailor the wording to meet the requirements of your dream wedding. Next send email with edits to me for my records. I will let you know it was received and noted.
It must be sent at least 1 week prior to wedding. If I do not hear back prior to wedding day the Romantic Religious Ceremony will be performed.
* Approved Simple Ceremony selection must approved and received back by me, 1 week prior to wedding day or the Romantic Religious Ceremony will be performed.
* If you would like to read your own vows to one another, you may do so. I do not need the wording, but I do need an email stating you will be doing your own during ceremony (1 week prior to wedding day).
* Custom Ceremonies: If you choose to do a ceremony beyond the basic vows and ring exchange, we will have more phone calls and emails. Custom Ceremonies are for those seeking, a unique introduction to how the couple came to be followed by readings, music, special uniting ceremonies memorial moments and more. Generally, rehearsals are suggested to be done the night prior to the wedding those seeking a custom ceremony with all the bells & whistles.
****REMEMBER TO GET YOUR WEDDING LICENSE!!!!
(Previous married or out of state can take longer. Most purchase 1 month prior to wedding.)
5. Rehearsal Day: (if booked) I will work with you or your wedding planner to run through the ceremony so that everyone is comfortable and having fun on the Wedding Day. Any last minute changes should be given to me at this time.
6 Wedding Day: I arrive 1 hour prior to ceremony and will check to make sure all things are running smoothly and collect the remaining balance due prior to wedding. This is your day to shine & smile! I will direct you through the entire ceremony if no rehearsal was done in a discreet way, so don't worry! I perform the ceremony, make you smile & laugh and finally let you kiss and seal the deal. I announce you as a couple and off you go together to enjoy married life!! It's simple and it will be fun!
* Wedding Photos: Just let me know before wedding if you need me to stay for any photos
* Prayer before Meal - This must be noted in contract, so that I may allot extra time at your weddings to perform a simple Blessing before the meal. I do not stay at weddings or expect to be fed. It's your day...ENJOY!
7. License is signed and taken. You will receive photo for your records. This is not valid proof and you must go to Probate Court to get a raised seal copy of your license to change names, or handle any other legal documents arising from your marriage. Contact Probate for fee to obtain raised seal copy.
I will handle the filing of the signed marriage license to the Probate Court for recording the day after the actual marriage ceremony date.
You may contact me at any time to discuss concerns, ask questions or just release some wedding days nerves. It's important to me that you are relaxed on your special day, so I will do all I can to keep you calm and enjoying every moment. It's all simple and can be as quick or as long as you want. I have couples who choose not to speak anything more than a simple, "I DO," while others read elaborate vows of love. Together we will create a wedding ceremony that makes you comfortable and happy. Want to include children, family & friends or even a beloved pet into your ceremony? Our motto is Making Your Special Day Your Way because we mean it.
Congratulations and thanks again for honoring me with performing your wedding!
I had met the lady of my dreams and wanted to spend my life with her. So, I asked her to marry me and we have been happily sharing life together ever since. Both being hopeless romantics it's only destiny that we would end up running a Wedding Officiant business together. I love talking with people, so it's only natural that I am the one up there performing ceremonies, but she is the one quietly in the background making sure this all works smoothly. We make a great team!
When we decided to get married at a local resort, we headed out to find an officiant to perform our wedding. Little did we know how involved it would be just getting someone to read the ceremony my wife wrote. It seems most officiants prefer the same ceremony for all and that just didn't fit our style. My wife created a beautiful ceremony that fit our love story and I was determined to find someone to make it happen. So, I reached out to multiple officiants and headed into even more issues.
The first person we contacted said they only worked in a certain area and we were just a bit out of there service area. The next one was more concerned with how many would be there watching us get married. Why would that even be a concern of his. Stage fright in front of large groups?? Well, it became evident that he charged based on the number in attendance and therefore his base rate just went up considerably. When he asked about venue, I got a bit more concerned how much the price would increase. I was after all in his service area, so it should be the same price. Wrong! He apparently charged more for certain type venues on certain days.
So all this craziness got me to thinking, what does any of that have to do with performing a wedding. What was with all these extra fees? Was a large amount of people causing these officiants to perform the ceremony in a different way? There had to be a better way.
I noticed Wedding Officiants started with a low base price but could quickly tally it up hundreds of dollars more with all the extra fees. My thinking was it didn't matter if just the couple was there or if they filled an arena full of people to watch them get married. The ceremony being performed was the same. Why was a couple standing in front of a waterfall paying more than a couple inside a chapel? Then there was the whole day and time deal altering price even more. My thought from all this craziness was, KEEP PRICING SIMPLE! Couples have tons of decisions to make and needed less headaches planning their big day so hiring an officiant should be simple.
I decided I would take my love of public speaking and start a wedding service, so couples no longer had to wonder about pricing. I created SIMPLE PRICE PACKAGES! That told you exactly what you would receive for a flat price, at any location in my service area, in front of an unlimited amount of people on any given day of the year. Yes, weekend & holidays are not priced higher!
I do charge extra for Travel Fees outside of my 30-mile home base radius, due to time and wear and tear on my vehicle, but then again, it's something all Officiants seem to add on even on top of all their other charges. My travel fee is $5 for an additional 10 miles out of my service area. So, the math still makes for simple pricing when this is the only extra fee.
My wife and I really enjoy what we do, and I really do love seeing happy couples enjoying their ceremony and starting a new life together. We are always here to help make your wedding ceremony go smoothly and be unique to you. Whether you choose a simple ceremony elopement lakeside or a lavish event at beautiful indoor wedding venue, we will be there with you along the way to calm wedding nerves, work with wedding planners and help where we can to make your Wedding Day the BEST!
I prefer being up front with my pricing, so couples can make an easier decision when it comes to choosing their officiant. With so many other things to take care of, choosing the officiant should be easy.
I can help couples create custom wedding ceremonies filled with special uniting ceremonies, readings, music and more. Making Your Special Day Your Way is what I do best!