Well, you hopefully called around and talked to many officiants and have honored me by allowing me to work with you and perform your beautiful wedding ceremony. Thank you! Here's how it all comes together.
1. Initial call to discuss date, time and place. A copy of my contract along with wedding ceremonies sample will be emailed to you to read over, sign & date. Any specifics regarding ceremony will be filled by you. Mail it back to me along with a deposit check for half the total to hold the date.
NOTE: Some people prefer to speak live with me in person or thru video chat. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do so we can arrange a time.
2. Signed Contract and (1/2 of total) Deposit Check is received and a confirmed thru email. A signed copy of contract by me will be sent to you thru email for your records.
3. If you are working with wedding planners please give them my contact info and they may contact me at any time with concerns or directions regarding the wedding day.
4. After you have read over the wedding ceremonies you tailor the wording to meet the requirements of your dream wedding. Next send email with edits to me for my records. I will let you know it was received and noted.
It must be sent at least 1 week prior to wedding. If I do not hear back prior to wedding day the Romantic Religious Ceremony will be performed.
* Approved Simple Ceremony selection must approved and received back by me, 1 week prior to wedding day or the Romantic Religious Ceremony will be performed.
* If you would like to read your own vows to one another, you may do so. I do not need the wording, but I do need an email stating you will be doing your own during ceremony (1 week prior to wedding day).
* Custom Ceremonies: If you choose to do a ceremony beyond the basic vows and ring exchange, we will have more phone calls and emails. Custom Ceremonies are for those seeking, a unique introduction to how the couple came to be followed by readings, music, special uniting ceremonies memorial moments and more. Generally, rehearsals are suggested to be done the night prior to the wedding those seeking a custom ceremony with all the bells & whistles.
****REMEMBER TO GET YOUR WEDDING LICENSE!!!!
(Previous married or out of state can take longer. Most purchase 1 month prior to wedding.)
5. Rehearsal Day: (if booked) I will work with you or your wedding planner to run through the ceremony so that everyone is comfortable and having fun on the Wedding Day. Any last minute changes should be given to me at this time.
6 Wedding Day: I arrive 1 hour prior to ceremony and will check to make sure all things are running smoothly and collect the remaining balance due prior to wedding. This is your day to shine & smile! I will direct you through the entire ceremony if no rehearsal was done in a discreet way, so don't worry! I perform the ceremony, make you smile & laugh and finally let you kiss and seal the deal. I announce you as a couple and off you go together to enjoy married life!! It's simple and it will be fun!
* Wedding Photos: Just let me know before wedding if you need me to stay for any photos
* Prayer before Meal - This must be noted in contract, so that I may allot extra time at your weddings to perform a simple Blessing before the meal. I do not stay at weddings or expect to be fed. It's your day...ENJOY!
7. License is signed and taken. You will receive photo for your records. This is not valid proof and you must go to Probate Court to get a raised seal copy of your license to change names, or handle any other legal documents arising from your marriage. Contact Probate for fee to obtain raised seal copy.
I will handle the filing of the signed marriage license to the Probate Court for recording the day after the actual marriage ceremony date.
You may contact me at any time to discuss concerns, ask questions or just release some wedding days nerves. It's important to me that you are relaxed on your special day, so I will do all I can to keep you calm and enjoying every moment. It's all simple and can be as quick or as long as you want. I have couples who choose not to speak anything more than a simple, "I DO," while others read elaborate vows of love. Together we will create a wedding ceremony that makes you comfortable and happy. Want to include children, family & friends or even a beloved pet into your ceremony? Our motto is Making Your Special Day Your Way because we mean it.
Congratulations and thanks again for honoring me with performing your wedding!
I met the lady of my dreams and wanted to spend my life with her. So, I asked her to marry me and we have been happily sharing life together ever since. Both being hopeless romantics, it's only destiny that we would end up running a Wedding business together. I love talking with people, so it's only natural that I am the one up there performing ceremonies, while she is the one in the background quietly making sure the little things all run smoothly, to create a beautiful day for you!
As for our wedding story we wanted a garden wedding at a local resort. So we headed off to talk with our pastor about performing the ceremony. Seems they only did weddings in the church building and wording was not allowed to be customized. We both knew we wanted the wedding my wife wrote, so we headed off to talk to some Wedding Officiants.
Hopeful we headed out to make our dream wedding come true, but our hope was cut short after just talking to a few Wedding Officiants in the area. Some were okay with reading the customized ceremony my wife created, but for an additional fee. Seems anything but the typical wording was reason for a price increase. Then more price increases followed for number in attendance, day of week and even venue. Before I knew it. the quoted price was far higher simply due to all these additional fees. We even thought about having a friend marry us, until we discovered certain online free ordinations were not valid. So we were back to searching on a way to make it happen. After many calls we found a great guy that married us legally, our way.
But all this craziness got us thinking. What was with all these additional fees and why couldn't Wedding Officiants be up front about pricing? What did any of these things have to do with performing a wedding ceremony?
Number in attendance, venue, day of week, time, holiday and so much more were all reason to jack up the price from what they normally shown on their websites. Why pay more to stand in front of a waterfall or get married on a weekend or holiday. The same ceremony was being performed no matter where you were or what day it was. So it was real important to us to stick with SIMPLE PRICING for our couples.
I have to admit I love doing weddings, but traveling across the state for the same price is not going to happen, so a small traveling fee is applied to weddings performed outside of my service area. It's something all officiants do to cover additional fuel expenses, wear & tear on vehicle and any entry, toll or other expenses that may be required to perform the ceremony.
Additional Special Ceremonies can also be done for no additional cost. We do not furnish an materials to perform the ceremonies at this time, but we are more than happy to perform them for FREE!
My wife and I really enjoy what we do, and I really do love seeing happy couples enjoying their ceremony and starting a new life together. We are always here to help make your wedding ceremony go smoothly and be unique to you. Whether you choose a simple elopement lakeside or a lavish ceremony at a beautiful indoor wedding venue, we will be there with you along the way to calm wedding nerves, work with wedding planners and help where we can to make your Wedding Day the BEST!
With all the decisions to make for a wedding, choosing a Wedding Officiant should be the easiest one. Call us today for more info or to hold a date. Congratulations and we look forward to meeting you and discussing how we can help you create your most beautiful wedding ceremony!