Well, you hopefully called around and talked to many officiants and have honored me by allowing me to work with you and perform your beautiful wedding ceremony. Thank you! Here's how it all comes together.
1. Initial call to discuss date, time and place. A copy of my contract along with wedding ceremonies sample will be emailed to you to read over, sign & date. Any specifics regarding ceremony will be filled by you. Mail it back to me along with a deposit check for half the total to hold the date.
NOTE: Some people prefer to speak live with me in person or thru video chat. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do so we can arrange a time.
2. Signed Contract and (1/2 of total) Deposit Check is received and a confirmed thru email. A signed copy of contract by me will be sent to you thru email for your records.
3. If you are working with wedding planners please give them my contact info and they may contact me at any time with concerns or directions regarding the wedding day.
4. After you have read over the wedding ceremonies you tailor the wording to meet the requirements of your dream wedding. Next send email with edits to me for my records. I will let you know it was received and noted.
It must be sent at least 1 week prior to wedding. If I do not hear back prior to wedding day the Romantic Religious Ceremony will be performed.
* Approved Simple Ceremony selection must approved and received back by me, 1 week prior to wedding day or the Romantic Religious Ceremony will be performed.
* If you would like to read your own vows to one another, you may do so. I do not need the wording, but I do need an email stating you will be doing your own during ceremony (1 week prior to wedding day).
* Custom Ceremonies: If you choose to do a ceremony beyond the basic vows and ring exchange, we will have more phone calls and emails. Custom Ceremonies are for those seeking, a unique introduction to how the couple came to be followed by readings, music, special uniting ceremonies memorial moments and more. Generally, rehearsals are suggested to be done the night prior to the wedding those seeking a custom ceremony with all the bells & whistles.
****REMEMBER TO GET YOUR WEDDING LICENSE!!!!
(Previous married or out of state can take longer. Most purchase 1 month prior to wedding.)
5. Rehearsal Day: (if booked) I will work with you or your wedding planner to run through the ceremony so that everyone is comfortable and having fun on the Wedding Day. Any last minute changes should be given to me at this time.
6 Wedding Day: I arrive 1 hour prior to ceremony and will check to make sure all things are running smoothly and collect the remaining balance due prior to wedding. This is your day to shine & smile! I will direct you through the entire ceremony if no rehearsal was done in a discreet way, so don't worry! I perform the ceremony, make you smile & laugh and finally let you kiss and seal the deal. I announce you as a couple and off you go together to enjoy married life!! It's simple and it will be fun!
* Wedding Photos: Just let me know before wedding if you need me to stay for any photos
* Prayer before Meal - This must be noted in contract, so that I may allot extra time at your weddings to perform a simple Blessing before the meal. I do not stay at weddings or expect to be fed. It's your day...ENJOY!
7. License is signed and taken. You will receive photo for your records. This is not valid proof and you must go to Probate Court to get a raised seal copy of your license to change names, or handle any other legal documents arising from your marriage. Contact Probate for fee to obtain raised seal copy.
I will handle the filing of the signed marriage license to the Probate Court for recording the day after the actual marriage ceremony date.
You may contact me at any time to discuss concerns, ask questions or just release some wedding days nerves. It's important to me that you are relaxed on your special day, so I will do all I can to keep you calm and enjoying every moment. It's all simple and can be as quick or as long as you want. I have couples who choose not to speak anything more than a simple, "I DO," while others read elaborate vows of love. Together we will create a wedding ceremony that makes you comfortable and happy. Want to include children, family & friends or even a beloved pet into your ceremony? Our motto is Making Your Special Day Your Way because we mean it.
Congratulations and thanks again for honoring me with performing your wedding!